Our specialty classes offer you a chance to
meet cooking instructors and discuss the intimate details of
their cooking secrets in an very comfortable setting.
February – May 2014
For Classes Here
Winter Comfort Food Casseroles
Monday, February 17, 6:30-8:30 pm
These dishes are simple, flavorful and perfect for any occasion. Enjoy the dishes at home or take to a potluck.
- Risotto and Wild Mushroom Casserole
- Tuna Tetrazzini with Fresh Thyme, Parmesan and Crushed Potato Chips
- Southwest Chicken Casserole with Cilantro, Lime, Cheese and Chiles
- Meat and Potato Casserole with Green Beans, Tomatoes and Cheddar Cheese
Cooking At Downton Abbey
Wednesday, February 19, 6:30-8:30 pm
What did they eat at dinner every night at Downton Abby? For us this would be a special occasion dinner, for them it seemed like an everyday dinner.
- Creamy Watercress Soup with Buttery Crumbs
- Warm Fig and Stilton Salad with Port Wine Dressing
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Madeira Green Peppercorn Sauce
- Crispy Breaded Potato Ball Puffs
- Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots
- Raspberry Bakewell Tart with Almond Filling
Thursday, March 6, 6:30-8:30 pm
We all know that eating whole grains is good for us. Here are delicious recipes so that we’ll cook with them again.
- Stuffed Mini Peppers with Quinoa and Parsley, Tomatoes, Mint and Feta
- Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes, Kale and Feta
- Farro Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumber, and Chickpeas with Pita Wedges and Greek Yogurt
- Bulgur, Zucchini and Roasted Red Pepper Salad with Jalapeno-Cilantro-Mint Dressing
Fish Dishes from California’s Wine Country
Wednesday, March 12, 6:30-8:30 pm
Let’s take fish to another level with these fairly simple to prepare dishes that are so full of flavor you’ll wonder where that boring ‘oil fish has gone!
- Sole Piccata with Fresh Lemon, Capers and Parsley
- Halibut with Arugula Salsa Verde and Orzo
- Sea Bass in Red Wine Sauce with Fresh Thyme and Red Grapes
- Broiled Salmon with Sweet Fennel-Paprika Spice Rub and Lemon Chive Aioli
- Panna Cotta with Riesling Poached Grapes
Fresh and Light Latin Flavors
Tuesday, March 25, 6:30-8:30 pm
These healthful recipes with bright and bold flavors allow the splurge for dessert.
- Mango-Tomatillo Guacamole with Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Fresh Corn and Tomato Soup with Bacon, Green Yogurt and Feta
- Fajita Chicken Salad with Jalapeno-Citrus Vinaigrette
- Indulge in Sopapillas with Cinnamon Sugar
Easy Entertaining Entrees
Wednesday, April 9, 6:30-8:30 pm
Here are some great ideas for entertaining that don’t take much time and are easy enough to serve just to the family.
- Scallops Provencal with Capers, Tomatoes and Basil
- Herbes de Provence Wine-Braised Pork Tenderloin
- Mascarpone and Spinach Topped Parmesan Chicken Breasts
- Sausage and Spinach Ravioli Lasagna with Basil Pesto
- Almond Ricotta Shortcakes with Lemon Cream and Sweet Strawberries
New Ways with Chicken
Tuesday, April 15, 6:30-8:30 pm
Don’t we always need new ways to made chicken taste fresh and delicious.
- Spanish Chicken Soft Tacos with Corn, Chiles, Almonds, Raisins, Sour Cream and jack Cheese
- Baked Chicken with Homemade Apricot Chutney and Curry Sauce
- Sauteed Chicken Strips with Mushrooms and Avocadoes in a Brandy Cream Sauce
- Chicken Scaloppine with Tequila Lime Cilantro Sauce
Springtime Italian Flavors
Wednesday, April 23, 6:30-8:30 pm
Time to enjoy some nice bright Italian flavors. These dishes are tasty and perfect for that cross over time between cool and warm weather.
- Baked Scampi with Fresh Rosemary and Lemon Panko Crumb Crust
- Risotto Primavera with Prosciutto, Asparagus, Leeks and Fresh Peas
- Braciolona (Rolled Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Braised in Tomato Sauce)
- Fresh Herb Crusted Chicken Breasts with Lemon Piccata Caper Sauce
- Fresh Strawberry and Mascarpone Cream Tart with a Buttery Almond Crust
Cinco de Mayo Celebration
Tuesday, April 29, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Orange-Avocado Salad with Chile Dressing
- Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Sauce and Mexican Blend Cheese
- Mexican Rice with Tomatoes, Jalapenos and Lemon
- Pinto Beans with Bacon, Cilantro and Roasted Chiles
- Kahlua-Milk Chocolate Cheesecake
Tuesday, May 13, 6:30-8:30 pm
Great ways to enjoy wonderful seafood. Simple and Delicious.
- Fish Tacos with Lime Cream Sauce and Pineapple Salsa
- Roasted Shrimp with Orange Chipotle Sauce
- Broiled Halibut with Tarragon Mustard Aioli
- Fried Fish Sticks with Lime-Ginger Dipping Sauce
Steaks, Steaks, Steaks
Wednesday, May 14, 6:30-8:30 pm
Steak is always the perfect choice for a celebration-birthdays, graduation and how about Father’s Day. Here are several tasty options for your next party.
- Steakhouse Chopped Salad with Avocado, Bacon, Artichoke Hearts, Chopped Eggs, Tomatoes and Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Bourbon Flambeed Filet Mignon with Smoky Bacon Sauce
- Grilled Rib Eye Steaks with Mango Chimichurri Sauce and Smoky Black Beans
- Spicy Asian Skirt Steak Strips with Sweet Mirin Sesame Ginger Marinade and Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Chocolate Mousse Pie with Oreo Crust
Cocktails at Five
Thursday, May 29, 6:30-8:30 pm
A tasty drink and some fabulous nibbles make for an easy way to entertain.
- Tequila, Crème de Cassis and Lemon Cocktail with Apple Garnish
- Roasted Cherry Tomato & Herb Ciabatta Bread
- Meatballs in a Tangy Orange-Tequila Sauce
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Breast Strips with Chunky Blue Cheese Dip
- Baked Coconut-Stuffed Shrimp with Fresh Herbs
Summer Salad Suppers from the Grill
Wednesday, June 11, 6:30-8:30 pm
Use your grill for the protein and add it to a delicious salad for the perfect summer meal.
- Chopped Nicoise Salad with Grilled Shrimp, Red Potatoes, Green Beans, Olives, Tomatoes and Mustard Caper Dressing
- Cobb Salad with Mustard Crusted Grilled Chicken, Grape Tomatoes, Bacon, Feta Cheese and Lemon Sherry Dressing with Quick Garlic Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- Grilled Steak Spinach Salad with Grilled Onions, Corn and Tomatoes with Creamy Blue Cheese Garlic Dressing
- Dulce de Leche Double Chocolate Brownies