FALL CRISPS, COBBLERS AND BUCKLES
Monday, September 23, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
We will be focusing on new uses for Emile Henry pottery dishes from France. This time of year you want to have something warm and exciting that reminds you of childhood. All of these dishes you can make, bake, freeze, reheat and serve all in the same dish!
- Apple Cherry Cobbler
- Easy Peach Cobbler
- Tart Apple Crisp
- Mixed Fruit Buckle with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
ASIAN FUSION CUISINE
Monday, September 30, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Enjoy these intensely flavorful dishes with an Asian flair.
- Lemon-Ginger-Mint Broth with Shrimp-Dill Dumplings
- Cilantro-Marinated Red Snapper Grilled with Thai Barbecue Sauce
- Lime Noodles with Vegetables, Basil and Mint
- Coconut Sorbet with Dark Rum
MARTINIS AND HORS D’OEUVRES
Wednesday, October 9. 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Sip a couple of martinis as you enjoy several tasty appetizers created to get you ready for the fall entertaining season.
- Big Apple Martini and Sidecar Martini
- Crostini with Boursin Cheese, Sliced Marinated Filet Mignon and Caramelized Onions
- Hot Artichoke and Smoked Salmon Spread with Ciabatta Toasts
- Cranberry Brie Bites with Homemade Tangerine Thyme Cranberry Sauce
- Chipotle Shrimp, Corn and Red Pepper Cheese in Tortilla Cups
- Chocolate Caramel Brownie Torte with Caramel Cream
QUICK & EASY MEXICAN DINNER
Thursday, October 10, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
It’s easy. It’s quick. You can cook this Mexican dinner in no time.
- Avocado Salad with Lime, Tomatoes & Radishes
- Home-made Corn Tortillas
- Tilapia with Pumpkin Seed-Tomatillo Mole with Herbs
- Baked Rice with Poblanos, Corn and Mexican Blend Cheese
- Tres Leches Cake with Rum and Fresh Berries
DINING OUT ON FRIDAY NIGHT-COOKING IN SOUTHERN FRANCE
Friday, October 25, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
After her France trip, Phillis is very into all that is French. Enjoy this tasty menu of classic French dishes
- Scallops Provencal with Capers, Tomatoes and Basil
- Belgian Endive and Spinach Salad with Black Olive Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Tartines
- Herbes de Provence Wine-Braised Pork Tenderloin
- Potato Gratin with Fresh Herbes and Gruyere Cheese
- Haricot Verts with Olive and Tomatoes
- Dark Cherry Clafouti (Custard-like Cake with Fruit) with Sweet Cream
ENTERTAINING FALL ENTREES
Wednesday, November 6, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Here are several new ideas for home cooking or entertaining this fall. Nothing too difficult but all very tasty!
- Dry-Brined Turkey Breast with Cranberry Green Peppercorn Sauce
- Pan-Roasted Filet Mignon with Mustard Port Sauce and Red Onion Confit
- Pecan Crusted Salmon with Artichoke Tartar Sauce
- Ham and Swiss Chicken Cordon Bleu Puff Pastry Wraps
- Pumpkin-Amaretti Cookie Tiramisu
A FALL DINNER PARTY
Wednesday, November 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
A perfect menu for entertaining this fall.
- Roasted Beet Salad with Oranges, Fennel, Mint, Hazelnuts and Feta
- Pork Tenderloin with Caramelized Pears and Pear-Brandy Cream Sauce
- Wild Mushroom-Potato Gratin with Gruyere Cheese
- Apple Tart with Warm Caramel Sauce
LAGUNA NIGUEL TOWN CENTER HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE
Thursday, November 21 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Join us as the merchants of Town Center open our doors for an evening of festivities, food and wine. This is our annual fun Holiday Event complete with Mr. and Mrs. Claus and Carolers.
PUMPKIN, PUMPKIN, PUMPKIN
Monday, November 25, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Fall is the time to make pumpkin desserts that are full of flavor and warmth. Learn how to make a perfect pie crust and many other pastry chef tricks.
- Perfect Pumpkin Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling
- Pumpkin Kahlua Custards with Nutmeg Crème
- Pecan Pumpkin Harvest Cookies
CHAMPAGNE AND CHOCOLATE
Wednesday, December 4, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Tradition continues with Phillis’ holiday entertaining menu-don’t miss it!
- French 75 Champagne Cocktail
- Butternut Squash Bisque with Savory Herb Scones
- Thyme-Rubbed Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Pinot Noir Sauce
- Potato Mash with Crimini Mushrooms
- Green Beans with Mustard and Caramelized Shallots
- Chocolate Salted-Caramel Cheesecake Tart topped with Whipped Cream and Chocolate Curls
THE WORLD OF CHOCOLATE HOLIDAY
Tuesday, December 10, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
George could write a chocolate cookbook with all of the exciting rich recipes every year when he does this class. These are the most richest and sinful ever!
- These Will Make You Pudgy Fudgy Brownies
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cream Cookies
- Five Chocolate Bars
- Double Fudge Cheesecake
HEARTY WINTER BREADS AND SOUPS FROM SCRATCH!
Tuesday, January 7, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Three breads and three soups all in one class! Yes! You, too, can create a bread and soup party this cold winter. In no time you will have everything created. Using simple rising techniques and methods you can learn the art of bread making without a machine in a few hours. All doughs will be made in front of you from start to finish.
- California Cheese Bread
- Fresh Baguettes
- Epi Rolls
- Pumpkin Pecan Soup
- Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Cream Soup
- Creamy Potato Dill Soup
HEARTY WINTER SOUPS
Monday, January 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Whip up a hearty comforting batch of soup that the whole family will enjoy!
- Lasagna Soup with Sausage, Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Fresh Basil
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Puff Pastry Crouton
- Minestrone Soup with Bacon, Tomatoes, Cannellini Beans, Tiny Pasta and Pesto
- Roasted Potato and Leek Soup with Arugula and Parmesan
- Soft and Chewy Molasses Spicy Cookies
NEW WAYS WITH SEAFOOD
Tuesday, January 21, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Don’t we all need new ways to cook seafood. Try these delicious ones.
- Shrimp with Green Curry Sauce and Cilantro Rice
- Wine-Poached Halibut with Bacon, Carrots, Thyme and Parsley
- Broiled Lime-Flavored Cod with Tomato-Ginger Chutney with Raisins
- Crispy Panko Breaded Fried Fish Tacos with Hoisin-Lemon Mayonnaise
CELEBRATE VALENTINE’S DAY
Wednesday, January 29, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
This is a perfect menu for two or more. Start with appetizers and finish with a decadent dessert, but only a bite!
- Seafood Canapés on Dark Bread topped with Fried Capers
- Butter Lettuce Salad with Bacon, Dried Cherries and Roquefort Vinaigrette
- Filet Mignon with Roasted Onions and Red Wine Sauce
- Yukon Gold Potato Gratin with Fresh Herbs and Gruyere Cheese
- Buttery Asparagus and Baby Peas Saute
- Layer’s of Love Chocolate Pecan Caramel Squares with Dulce de Leche Ice Cream